The "Import Export Assistant" programme - A back office function
This programme enables :
- Young job seekers in Brussels to receive training in specific foreign trade techniques;
- Interested Brussels-based companies to find employees who are specialists in matters relating to international trade.
- Higher education graduate
- Looking for work and resident in Brussels
- Knowledge of Dutch, English and another language considered an advantage
- And, above all, an interest in international trade!
- Theory: 3 months' training including subjects ranging from Incoterms®2010 to invoicing, as well as correspondence and transport matters.
- Work placement: 6 weeks' immersion in a Brussels-based company. The placement ends with a detailed report.
The import-export assistants are interns whose job is primarily administrative, within the framework of the company's international processes. This means that they fulfil a back office role.
|Languages - ENGLISH|
|Basic and advanced Excel|
|Workshop on integrating the various programmes|
|Communication and assertiveness|
|Introduction to marketing|
|Introduction to geopolitics and macro-economics|
|From the purchase order to delivery and invoicing|
|Payments and international financing techniques|
|Introduction to accounting|
|International transport + transport documentation|
|Legal aspects + disputes|
|Customs and tax regulations|
|Introduction to storage|
|Standards, labelling and certifications|
|FR Commercial correspondence|
|Drafting and following up an offer|
|Client/supplier dossier management|
|Management and monitoring of bad payers|
The programme is only available in French this year.
The programme started in February 2013 and is already full. The next programme is planned in 2014.
The cost of having a business intern is funded in full by Brussels Invest & Export and its partners.