Facing the internationalization challenge, EXPORTBRU seeks to curb the competitive disadvantage of Brussels SMEs, due to their limited financial resources and therefore, to contribute to their international development process.
Exportbru is a subsidiary of the S.R.I.B. (Brussels Regional Society of Investment). It offers funding to Brussels exporting SMEs as well as Brussels SMEs looking for starting an export business or establishing abroad.
Which kind of enterprises Exportbru can help?
Exportbru can provide funding to :
- SMEs established in the Brussels-Capital Region : a SME is a enterprise which hire less than 250 people, which turnover is inferior to EUR 50 million or which the balance sheet total does not exceed EUR 43 million and which more than 25% of the capital cannot be held by a large enterprise (European definition);
- Enterprises which has been incorporated for more than two years and which hire at least three people;
- Exporting enterprises or enterprises which are looking for starting an export business or establishing abroad;
- Enterprises which are not related to the following sectors/ activities: import-export, agriculture, unethical activity.
What kind of funding does Exportbru can provide you with?
Exportbru offers three forms of incentives:
Prospection funding to SMEs which want to start an export business or to spread to a foreign market. Exportbru will provide them with a loan for 2 to 5 years and can fund a prospection budget up to 80%, between €10 000 to €50 000.
International expansion funding to exporting SMEs facing with a need of financial resources for export, for example to increase their production capacity or to increase their working capital. That kind of incentive can vary from 50.000 to 500.000 € through a loan or even through a participation in the capital of the enterprise.
International establishment funding: Exportbru can fund up to 50% of Brussels SME investments abroad, to establish a subsidiary or a joint-venture or to buy a foreign company. This incentive can vary from 50.000 to 500.000 € through a loan or even through a participation in the capital of the enterprise.
The enterprise can apply for incentives via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. *
For the Prospection funding, a standard application form is available to the following address: email@example.com. *
For the International expansion funding or the International establishment funding, the application must be supported by the following elements:
- Introduction of the enterprise (review, management and team, products and services, customers and markets, other establishments…)
- Financial data (review of turnovers and gross margins, the recent accounting situation)
- Description of the export activity or of the expansion/establishment project
- Financial plan
An interview with one of our analysts will be organized after the reception of the application.
For a loan application, you will probably have to wait for 30 days (15 days for a prospection funding if the enterprise meets certain criteria) and you will probably have to wait for three months for a participation in the enterprise's capital.