International organisations represent a potentially significant market, even for SMEs.
Do not miss out on calls for tender from international organisations. They will provide you with the opportunity to increase your visibility, access new markets and build up new references.
These organisations offer excellent commercial opportunities for companies of all sizes. Indeed, they have significant purchasing budgets, cover a vast range of business sectors and ensure payment security.
Help in approaching these markets
Brussels Invest & Export will support you in your canvassing efforts involving international organisations, notably by:
- Inviting purchasing managers from large institutions
- Organising themed seminars (e.g. Working for international institutions in Brussels - EU, NATO, Eurocontrol)
- Arranging visits to the organisation's headquarters.
Our network of economic and commercial attachés is also skilled in supporting you in these approaches.
Here is a list of the main international organisations covered by our attachés:
- Brussels: European Union, NATO, Eurocontrol
- Copenhagen: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Geneva: European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), World Health Organisation (WHO), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- New York: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Rome: World Food Programme (WFP), Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO)
- Vienna: United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), Organisation for Security and Cooperation (OSCE), International Atomic Energy Agency (AIEA)
- Washington: World Bank (WB), International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Doing business with CERN (PDF - 218 kb)
(PDF - 967 kb)